Terms and privacy
The site and its content are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied (except only as may be implied by applicable law).
In providing a venue for the sale of products on its site, East Slope Publishing Limited shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (including damages for loss of profit or intangible loss related to your use of the site or use of any of the products purchased at its site). Please read all information, warranties or warnings provided on or in the product packaging and labels before using any product purchased on the site. East Slope Publishing Limited shall not be liable for the fitness of such products for a particular purpose and it is your responsibility to evaluate such information.
Although East Slope Publishing Limited uses reasonable efforts to have the colors of the images of its merchandise displayed as accurately as possible on the site, we do not warrant that the color will be accurately displayed by your monitor.
East Slope Publishing Limited is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We use the personal data we collect on the site for various purposes. Use of such personal data will help us to add more products and services of interest to you and also to ensure that your shopping experience with us is an enjoyable and personalized one. Please read on for more details on our policies and practices in relation to personal data:
We pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
What information do we collect, and how do we use it?
Types of personal data that may be collected or held by us include:
- contact details including telephone number, fax number, address, email address, pager number, etc.;
- identity card number;
- marital status;
- education level;
- monthly income;
- results, records and accumulative progress from visiting interactive content;
- inquiries, suggestions or opinions;
- interests and preferences;
- computer operating system and details of internet service providers;
- credit card number if you place an order with us.
We collect personal data about you from various types of sources and hold such personal data for the following purposes:
- sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events;
- marketing and promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected companies;
- joint marketing schemes with other parties;
- customizing the advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your shopping experience at our site and to provide personalized marketing and promotional information;
- fulfilling your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing;
- responding to your inquiries;
- membership registration and offering benefits and privileges;
- collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services;
- evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
- fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
The provision of such personal data is voluntary.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to shop at the Muse store but will still be able to visit selected areas of the site.
Protection of Information:
Online payment service is provided by Shopify. Customers' payment details are securely transmitted to the acquiring bank, card and payment companies for real-time transaction authorisation using encryption.
Sharing of Information
- our subsidiaries, associated companies and other related companies;
- our vendors and business partners;
- parties which participate in joint marketing schemes with us;
- any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business;
- any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law
East Slope Publishing Limited may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal data that uniquely identifies an individual.
Currently, we do not sell, trade, give away or rent your personal data to others apart from those parties mentioned above. We may decide to do so with trusted third-party partners in the future, but you can instruct us not to. We will not sell or disclose any personal data that identifies you to any third party apart from those mentioned above without your approval.
If you have questions about this statement, please contact one of our customer care representatives. You may contact our customer service representatives via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: East Slope Publishing Limited, Room 1003, 10/F, Gold & Silver Commercial Building, 12-18 Mercer Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
Delivery and Refund Policy
30-days Goods Returns
You may return products sold by East Slope Publishing Limited no more than 30 days of receipt of your order (based on the delivery record), and upon pre-approval of East Slope Publishing Limited.
We're sorry, but we DO NOT ACCEPT returns of certain products, including:
Any product that is returned more than 30 days after receipt.
Any product that is not in its original condition, is damaged, or is missing parts.
Any discount, clearance or sales product that East Slope Publishing Limited has already stated non-returnable.
In the event of dispute, East Slope Publishing Limited's decision shall be final and conclusive.
You can pack and send your return to us in just a few simple steps:
Send us an email to notify us of your intention to return the items, and receive an approval acknowledgement.
Provide us with your Order Number. Indicate returned products and the reason for your return in the input box area.
Pack the returned products along with our acknowledgement email securely in a box that we can expedite your request.
Send the returning items by mail to: East Slope Publishing Limited, Post Office Box 33744, Sheung Wan Post Office, Hong Kong.
All return shipping fee must be prepaid. We cannot accept COD returns.
Please note that before providing a refund for any returned product we will first verify its condition. All Non-returnable items will neither receive refund nor be returned to you.
We regret that we do not refund original shipping and handling fees with the return. We can only refund the total value of products. And if your order was placed with a promotion code or free gift, you must return them together in order to have the refund. Otherwise, original price of the product will be deducted from the refund.
Occasionally orders are returned to us as incorrect address, a PO Box and hotel address, failed delivery attempts, refuse to pay tax/ refuse to provide ID copy/ unable to make import declarations or parcel refused by recipient.
When the delivery agent returns an undeliverable package to us, we issue a refund by deducting the original shipping fee, handling fee and 15% of the value of products as re-stocking fee. (In Hong Kong, for the return of undeliverable, re-stocking fee of HK$25 will be deducted from your refund.)
We can re-ship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable or unclaimed. However, customers will be charged an additional HK$100 for resend shipping fee per parcel. .